Happy Father’s Day! (Competition)
Thanks to COVID-19, this year dads everywhere are bracing themselves for Father’s Day gifts that will be…interesting.
Will it be a slap-dash super-market purchase, a garden-centre bag of compost or a homemade attempt at fine-dining in the back yard?
One thing is certain – they won’t be expecting a pub meal or a big surprise bash at the local rugby club. And, unless you share a household with your dad, you aren’t even going to be able to give them a hug!
So, how can we best all show our appreciation for our dads?
Father's day ideas to make your dad smile
- Home-made father’s day cards are the best
- Bake a cake and drop it round for them to enjoy.
- Buy them a hobby – try a home-brewing kit, or some interesting garden plants that they will enjoy for weeks to come
- Treat them to an online course: language lessons, golf-improvement, or photography.
- If he has chocaholic tendencies, then send him a gigantic 750g Toblerone –launched just in time for Father’s Day!
- Buy them some Kindle books and send them to their device as a surprise on the day
- Send them a “promise voucher” for future work that you’re offering – like cutting the grass, cleaning the house, a week’s worth of ironing, or even offering a hand with cooking Christmas dinner this year!
- If you can’t be with them – make them a photo collage of you together. (You could use a promise-voucher to frame it for them when the shops are open again)
Enter our Father's Day competition
And to help to add an extra bit of sparkle to your father’s day plans, Cardyard has set up a competition to win a £10 e-gift card for John Lewis Partnership (which includes Waitrose). To enter – simply “Like and Share” our PAGE and posts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Each like and share is a separate entry, and there are FIVE e-gift cards to be won, so please visit us on all the platforms. You can even get your dad to enter as well!
Competition closes June 19th Entrants need to be 18 or over.
Judge’s decision is final.
No purchase necessary.
Winners will be notified and names will be posted on social media.
5th of June, 2020More blog posts